Friday 13 June 2014

"All By Myself" - Richard Dunn

It wasn't only Bridget Jones who found an outlet in Celine Dion's version of Eric Carmen's 1975 power ballad All by Myself. Richard Dunn, a stranded passenger, passed the time by creating a hilarious music video.


The 43-year-old spent around three hours shooting the lip-sync video on his iPhone, as his wife watched on. Dunn, who lives in Georgia and works as lighting designer, used the terminal’s escalators and moving walkways to his advantage.
I had a person behind a ticket counter give me a roll of luggage tape before she left. I then used a wheel chair that had a tall pole on the back of it and taped my iPhone to that. Then I would put it on the moving walkway for a dolly shot. I also used the extended handle on my computer bag and taped the iPhone to my handle. I would tuck different stuff under the bag to get the right angle. For the escalator shot I had to sprint up the steps after I got my shot so the computer bag didn't hit the top and fall back down. Quite fun!
Make sure to watch long enough to see the Flashdance tribute — it’s worth the wait.


People have accused Dunn of faking the whole thing. He made this response: 
Many people have said there was no way I could have made that video spontaneously and by myself... (are you listening Matt Lauer?) Here is a small clip of the sprint I had to do so my computer and iPhone didn't come tumbling back down.

Celine Dion saw the video and she posted this response.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

My daughter sent me the clip yesterday, she thought it was hilarious. I watched it, relieved it hadn't been taken down yet, and am impressed with Celine Dion's gracious response, meaning it won't ever be taken down.